Black Swan Energy is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace and minimizing the impact on the environment. We believe that this commitment is fundamental to running a strong and successful business.
To fulfill this commitment, our Company will:
- Give health, safety and environmental (HSE) objectives equal status with the Company’s other business objectives and integrate them into all aspects of our work. If objectives ever come into conflict, we will choose safety first.
- Establish and follow standards that comply with or exceed the requirements set by law.
- Create and support a culture that believes all work related injuries, property losses and adverse environmental impacts are preventable.
- Engage and communicate openly with our neighbours who may be affected by our operations.
- Ensure personnel are provided with sufficient training, resources and systems to do their job and seek outside expertise when uncomfortable or unfamiliar with a task.
- Build and maintain properly engineered facilities, plants, pipelines and equipment.
- Minimize waste generation, air emissions and other discharges to the environment from our operations.
- Hold personnel, supervisors and managers accountable for adhering to the Company’s safety and environmental policy.
- Engage the front line.
- Set goals and targets, and measure performance against them.
Extractive Sector Transparency Measurement Act (ESTMA)
Please see our ESTMA reports here:
December 31, 2016
December 31, 2017